The 31st Annual Taste of Arlington will be held Sunday, May 20, in Ballston. The event features some 60 local restaurants and food trucks, wine, spirit and beer gardens, live music on two stages and more.
Benefits Local Charities
Most importantly, portions of the proceeds benefit 7 Arlington-area nonprofits. This year recipients are:
- Animal Welfare League of Arlington
- Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC), one of the local charities that I strongly support year after year
- Arlington Arts Center
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Arlington Street People’s Assistance Network (ASPAN), one of the local charities that I support though my Arlington Keller Williams office’s annual fall charity gala at Clarendon Ballroom
- Leadership Center for Excellence
- Volunteer Arlington
This gives you a chance to get a taste of Arlington and help local charities.
Entry to the Taste of Arlington is free. But you’ll need tickets to purchase beer, wine, spirits and food “tastes.” With 25,000 people expected, it’s a good idea to buy your tickets ahead of time online (through Saturday, May 19 at 7 p.m.). You can pick up your tickets at Will Call on site Saturday or avoid the lines at pop-up ticket booths at the Ballston Farmers Market Thursday, May 17, from 3 to 7 p.m. and the Holiday Inn Ballston parking lot Friday, May 18, from noon to 7 p.m.